☆ Small Town Dreams ☆




blog portfolio  contact home

one hot tea, one cold tea
Wednesday, September 22, 2010


Yahh I took a detour after English class today ~ got a giant veggie dog at the hot dog place and went to the new local tea/coffee shop (it's the only cafe in my town now besides Starbucks - YAY!!) and their tea selection is small but significant! It's all loose leaf and it's owned by a couple, the wife is from China and has a selection of Chinese import teas. So I came in for a strawberry craving and have this huge pot of strawberry pu-erh and ice. I was talking to May (owner) about oolong and green tea and she gave me a free cup of her favorite green tea ^_^ I asked her if in China they put sugar and tea and she made a frown face and said "NOOOO ewwwww" laughing "We don't drink with ice either!!" I may have been Chinese in my past life. It's the purest way of enjoying tea and your surroudings. I have been dreaming that I'm sitting on a hill on china and drinking orchid oolong. YUMM!! I never understand how people can muddle their tea with milk especially, milk in anything makes me think of snot!

I wonder how Indians who live where tea is grown drink tea (Under the rule of Britain, they began to take tea with milk, that's the only reason Indians drink tea with milk. Then I also don't think they had tea estates until the British, so they didn't drink tea before then at all.)

I sent my pen pal in india American tea (well a peach green tea and a hoji-cha in a bag haha) and said "DON'T DRINK THIS WITH MILK!!". He:

A. sat wondering what to do with the bag, asking his friends if they had any idea and they all looked at it quizzically wondering if it was really tea!!
B. told me tea without milk is like dirty water. hehehe

Then he sent me some teas!! Wowwww teas from India!! I was so excited. This is a sampler pack from Chamong estate in Darjeeling India. They are full loose leafs in nylon triangle bags. I plan to try all these flavors, they are based according to growing season, so I will compare how directly that affects the taste.

Also I got a Telugu newspaper. I laughed at the pictures, one is of a cow eating a heap of garbage in the side of the road. Sad haha he wrote next to it "This is our main garbage desposal system in Bangalore. It's been outlawed but cows still eat all the garbage in the road and then we drink their milk!"

And there was this picture with a bunch of young librarian-looking women that was titled "Local Girls" and I thought this was the Indian version of a prostitution ad! I thought "Wow wait till he sees the ads for american call-girls..." hahaha then he told me it's just about a college competition for women.

So I'm drinking a cup of iced tea and a cup of hot tea, in unison. Not the first time haha. A couple of years back I remember being at sympathy for the kettle tea on St. Marks place in ny, we went right before they closed (at midnight) and thought I got an iced tea my friend got a pot of tea and it was so big she had it put into three to go cup. So the I had a hot tea in one hand and an iced tea in the other and I took turned drinking them without even realizing how silly that was! It's okay, I can't get enough tea haha.

Labels: ,


0 comments | 8:33 AM | create comment _____________________________________________________________________________________________



0 Comments:

Post a Comment