☆ Small Town Dreams ☆




blog portfolio  contact home

Memorial Day weekend!
Thursday, September 9, 2010


my name in hindi ^

After thinking hilton head was so fabulous last time I was there (for a day trip, my friend Satyajit was visiting and had a plane return from their tiny island airport where he took a charter plane and said he saw my cousins and I swimming at the beach from the sky!)
I decided to make it Hilton Head the destination for this long weekend's getaway.

This island is two hours from my house, via the back roads! I realized what a wonderful thing to be living in the middle of nowhere ~ I get all the scenic routes to travel. (But 15 minutes to a grocery store, 50 minutes to school... not fun) There is never any traffic besides truckers and farmers (and others like me I guess haha).

Okay so I am SOOO in love with this island! And on the way down in Beaufort, the mainland town right off the island, is a USC campus I'm seriously going to apply to just for the location. Yeah ~ Hilton Head is at the top of my list along with Florida and going back to New York (everything is there, my life is there.)

My friends and I stayed at a roach motel, the kind of hotel you'll walk into and notice first a super funky smell. Notice second, a hard bed with plasticy blankets. And finally you will inevitably find a big bug holding up a welcome banner (if you are lucky it will be a dead bug). I had a hard time sleeping because I was having cockroach nightmares and hallucinating that they were crawling on the ceiling and on my body. You have no idea what cockroach nightmares do to me. Give me cold sweats, jitters, ect... The rug had that damp humid feeling so I wore shoes inside the room too lol. It was just two nights so we stuck it out... and I'll be back!! Next time I want to stay at one of the beach hotels. I'm not even dreaming big, we got serious island connections this weekend. . Well they are practically giving away time shares because of a bad economy I suppose.

You can bike all of hilton head.



courtesy of http://www.lowcountrymaps.com/hiltonhead.html

For a vacation island, it's the most diverse place I've seen in South Carolina. (I mean... I'm used to NY...) We met a lot of people from Russia, arab countries, and indians in particular. Satya said all the indians were staying at the roach motel with us because they were having a special. My born-and-buttered southern friend who likes foreign men (don't we all?) was in heaven lol. So many hot foreign men in such a small radius. Too bad they all had kids and wives. (And yeah all under 30!! Not uncommon in most of the world to be 26 and have 3 kids already lol O_O)

Speaking of foreign food, I have a killer craving for pupusas X__X A craving to never be fulfilled... because I live in south carolina. I have to learn to cook everything I want :p

Oh and JC Penny had a major sale for the holiday. This is what I came back with:


IMG_5187.JPG

IMG_5185.JPG

IMG_5178.JPG

IMG_5182.JPG

0 comments | 10:21 PM | create comment _____________________________________________________________________________________________



0 Comments:

Post a Comment