☆ Small Town Dreams ☆




blog portfolio  contact home

Friday, August 27, 2010


One week of school down and I feel like summer is officially over!! For once I have no weekend plans to hit the beach., instead I'm staying in and doing homework. I'm so home sick too. Something reminded me the other day of the Ronkonkama LIRR (Long island rail road) station. I think it was those concrete benches maybe. So then I was having flashback to sitting on them waiting for the train to NYC. And if I was in NY, this weekend I'd probably hit the city with someone.

What I really dislike about the south is the weekends are boring, I haven't made any friends :/ I'm such a shy girl T_T;; Being in school is so nervous because everyone knows someone, either from high school or a previous class, and I'm starting off so blank, I feel like an outcast! I can't wait for clubs to start, I will end up joining a couple and just entering all mousy like usual "hiii... uhhh I don't know anyone." and if they are friendly, I come out of my shell. If not, I'll resort into my cave-like mind and be thinking: OKAYYY well international club is a no go!!! And will make sure to never show my face there again and run away from anyone in the club. (lol ok I'm not that pathetic). Well I have high hopes, and I doubt such will happen, I mean there is automatically something you have in common with other people in a club sooo... it's the starting point to conversations.

As mentioned I'm going to join the international club, and also the LGBT club. It's a top priority for a girl like me to have fabulous gay friends haha. I was debating over anime club, but, then I think twice. Anime clubs fill up with geeks (not necessarily the on-the-computer-in-a-dark-room-at-5-am-drooling-over-hentai kind of geeks though). And I like geeks more than normal people because they are usually unconventional, non-conformist, funny and kinda multi-cultural (even if it's strictly japanese). But also, Anime people are usually extremely childish! I'm a bit childish so I don't usually get along with similar individuals, especially if I hear 20 year olds speaking in pokeman voices. Kind of brings me back to the days where I'd be in such groups and sitting in the midst of a battle with card board swords fought by adults wearing cat ears and cat tails. Going back to college also means I'm old enough to be everyone's grandma (Or at least have baby sat for these straight outta high school kiddies) and so this scenario would be multiplied by about 11.

Ohhh I'm so one to talk! As I am writing this, Wizards of Waverly Place on the disney channel is on, and I love that show! I also love Blythe doll and pouting a lot when I'm not getting my way. I'm as much of a kid as they come!!

I want to meet someone who has an interest for topics like ancient history, astro-zoology, world religions, museums, soccer, japanese street fashion, foreign films and modern world cultures. lol no wonder I'm such an outsider. I'm a snob! I'm not, or have ever been, your average american girl. -_-

My classes are so far so good. Math will probably lead me to an early death but I got a tutor for my lunch hour and I think if math doesn't kill me, my tutor will. (Nothing makes me feel more stupid and incompetant like math. I read and re-read instructions to such lame ass things and I can't get my head around anything. There's just too much to remember!!! I've never been bad at anything in my life!

Now World history is my area of expertise. We have to choose topics for a reasearch paper and this is the hard part because I'm interested in many of the topics. I've narrowed it down to Siddartha Guatama (the Buddha) and Caliph Harun Al-Rashid who I didn't know was actually a real person. I've read the 1001 Arabian Nights and he's all over that book. The book is filled with stories of orgies, adultery, secret love, betrayal, slavery, nightly bacchanals, talking objects, djins, magical stuff, trippy stuff... I'm thinking if even 10% of Harun Al Rashid's life consisted of any of this it will be a really interesting research paper!

0 comments | 1:59 PM | create comment _____________________________________________________________________________________________



0 Comments:

Post a Comment